Police interview questions
Top 35 Police interview questions and answers
I. List of Police interview questions
1. Why do you decide to choose your career to be a police officer?
Nowadays, there are not many people actually doing something about bad things in life like being told of by their conscience. Focusing on such things as conscience or loyalty will not help you with this question as such things have become rather vague in daily life and if one wishes to do something for the society, practical actions would be better than just words.
For example, to answer this question, you may tell the interviewer that you want to become a police since you always dream of protecting the innocent from bad things and that evil or bad things will never win against good things because there are people like you, if you were a police officer, to fight against them.
2. What are your skills and knowledge that you have learnt from the police academy?
You have just graduated from police academy to become a police officer. You just want to apply what you have learnt in real life. However, it is important to note that daily life will not just consist of good or bad things or fighting against crime, but the duties of a police officer may vary and contain very complicated tasks.
A favorable academic background or preferences of yours would become good points for your answer. This kind of question should be answered straightly and don’t you go the around way like mentioning your past education or future intention.
3. Have you committed any criminal act?
A candidate for police officer position should be ready to cope with this kind of question about his/her background and past history. It’s kind of weird if a police officer candidate is asked this kind of question, however, if it, in fact, may be decisive to your success.
In case you have not committed any criminal act (no criminal record or history with the police), the answer would be a easy since you just go straight with the fact. But if otherwise, you do have criminal record, the problem gets a bit of a headache there.
4. Tell me one occasion when you couldn’t keep your temper down under a stressful situation?
A police officer must be the one who is capable of coping with pressure and maintaining his/her mood. A police officer may be aggressive if the situation requires so, otherwise, he/she is supposed to be cool and composed.
5. How do you keep cool before every kind of situation?
6. Have you got any criminal action?
7. Tell me the reason that makes you want to become a policeman?
8. Tell me why do you want to work in our criminal department?
9. A police officer is a responsible person. So, tell me how responsible you are? How is your credit payment history?
10. There are certain circumstances in which a police officer must use a gun. So, are you prepared to use a gun? or to shoot it at somebody, a criminal?
11. Have you ever use any kind of illegal drug?
12. What are your health conditions, is there problem with your medical status?
13. Have you had any serious injury, accidents or similar kinds?
14. What are the reasons that make you want to become a police officer, a deputy sheriff?
15. Tell me about the skills and knowledge, the training and practical experience you have had to become a police officer?
16. How is your conflict solving skill? Give me an example of how you handle a conflict with someone?
17. If someone were to be hostile to you, what would you do with him?
18. Are you prepared to take over this much physical demanding job? how do you prepare yourself?
19. Do you have any problem with your physical health that we should know?
20. Is your family background fine for the job of a police officer? You will be subject to public investigation at any time, is it ok with you?
21. Why do you want to work in this remote province?
22. What do you know about this town, who is the mayor, the chief?
23. Do you think your career in the field of law enforcement will be successful?
24. Why are you a perfect candidate for this position, tell me?
25. What has been the worse situation you have been in? how did you cope with it?
26. You were bringing a gun in the public spaces, and even in your daily life, what do you think about that?
27. What are the stresses of your normal life? Can you bear with them?
28. Do you use alcoholic drink? How addicted are you?
29. Have you ever had any interpersonal disputes with anyone?
30. Normally, how do you proceed to address an issue?
31. What are your strengths to become a police officer? I mean skills, experience or similar.
32. What are you afraid of facing the most?
33. You were in charge of a mission, but an urgent situation happened unexpectedly, what would you do?
34. If you were a police officer and you caught a friend of yours doing illegal things, what would you do?
35. What are the quality traits of a police? Which one is the most important to you?
II. Police interview tips
1. Create your police job description
2. Create police job qualifications.
3. List all comment interview questions and police technical interview questions.
4. Writer police interview thank you letter after finishing the job interview.